The purchased shares represent an indirect 1.6% ownership interest in the Greek lottery company OPAP.
"The deal was a good investment opportunity that conforms fully to our strategy for OPAP," said the Sazka Group's CEO Robert Chvátal in describing the transaction. He added that both of the Sazka Group's shareholders, the KKCG and EMMA Groups, have regarded OPAP as a strategic investment since the beginning of their partnership.
"Helixor, acting in cooperation with the J&T Private Equity Group, has decided to sell its stake in the EMMA Delta fund, having achieved a very interesting return on investment. We consider OPAP's shares highly attractive from the investment viewpoint, and we will continue to monitor their development closely," commented the transaction Miloš Badida, CEO of the J&T Private Equity Group.
The transaction changes the structure of investors in the EMMA Delta fund, which owns a 33% stake in OPAP, as follows: the Sazka Group currently holds 71.9% of the fund's shares, while the remaining 28.1% is controlled jointly by Greek partners and the U.S.-based IGT Group.